We have a selection of job openings at Lion Forge! Click below to learn more about the positions and submit your application via the “Apply Now” or “Apply with Linkedin” button.
The Lion Forge, LLC operates two business divisions: Lion Forge Comics, a consumer product publisher, and Lion Forge Labs, a business-to-business creative services studio. Lion Forge, LLC, is part of the Cel Shaded Ventures family of entertainment companies, which includes an animation company and a music publishing company.
Lion Forge Comics creates award‐winning comic books and graphic novels with globally‐recognized licensed properties and on‐trend original concepts, bringing single issues, serials, trade paperback collections, and original graphic novels to market. As an African‐American‐owned company committed to “Comics for Everyone,” we strive to publish titles that reflect the diversity of our world in the characters, the creators, and the Lion Forge team.
Lion Forge Labs provides creative services for companies and organizations who want to take their brand story-telling to the next level. We create compelling content with proven retention rates higher than traditional mediums. Lion Forge Labs works with a variety of nationally‐known entities.
Our company is growing exponentially and developing new and exciting revenue streams across multiple and varied entertainment industry platforms.
Lion Forge seeks an individual that has the following qualities and abilities:
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills;
- Manages a high-volume work load efficiently and effectively;
- Executes multiple, high-priority projects;
- Has a keen attention to detail;
- Identifies potential risks;
- Anticipates obstacles and minimize their impact;
- Solves problems in a professional, creative and ethical manner;
- Works on deadline;
- Collaborates with a diverse and dynamic team; and
- Communicates effectively and positively with all levels of management, including senior level executives.
In this position, your duties and responsibilities may include:
- Reviewing, researching, writing, negotiating, and summarizing a wide variety of agreements including licensing, publishing, distribution, work-made-for-hire, supplemental rights, vendors, services, non-disclosure, confidentiality, and other general business contracts;
- Developing, informing, and executing trademark and copyright portfolio strategies to preserve and protect company IP, including trademark research and preparation (but not including proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board or other litigation), and copyright registration and maintenance;
- Leading, overseeing, and executing contract management and compliance systems and strategies;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining clearance processes for content;
- Assisting with strategic partnership deals and mergers and acquisitions;
- Advising and training business units on minimizing risks and maximizing legal protections and rights;
- Interacting with and assisting in the management of outside counsel to ensure timely and cost-effective service delivery;
- Researching industry developments, unique legal issues, and changes to the law; and
- Supervising and managing paralegals and administrative staff.
The successful applicant for this position will have:
- A thorough understanding and established history of maintaining confidences;
- The ability to maintain composure under pressure;
- A professional attitude and demeanor;
- Tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A four‐year college degree and graduate legal degree;
- License to practice law in the State of Missouri;
- Strong computing and information management skills (including Office 365, Excel, Word, Salesforce) and the ability to adapt to new technology;
- Previous experience working in publishing, media, IP, and/or entertainment; and
- Enjoys working with wide variety of
This position reports to the Chief Legal Officer of Cel Shaded Ventures.
This is a full‐time, salaried, exempt position requiring availability during business hours and extended availability as needed. Compensation will be determined by market and experience. The Lion Forge, LLC policy provides benefits to full‐time Lion Forge employees that include paid holidays, additional paid time off, and subsidized health insurance.
Application should be made by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Lion Forge, LLC operates two business divisions: Lion Forge Comics, a consumer product publisher (comprised of three imprints and a branded collection), and Lion Forge Labs, a business to business creative services studio.
Lion Forge Comics creates award‐winning comic books and graphic novels with globally‐recognized licensed properties and on‐trend original concepts. Preparing for its third year of solo‐branded print publication, Lion Forge Comics brings approximately 60 new titles to market yearly. As an African‐American‐owned company committed to “Comics for Everyone,” we strive to publish titles that reflect the diversity of our world in the characters, the creators, and the Lion Forge team, and to create content that is just as original.
Lion Forge Labs creates custom comics and animation for companies and organizations that want to convey content in an interesting way that’s scientifically proven to have a higher retention rate than traditional mediums. Lion Forge Labs works with a variety of nationally‐known entities.
Lion Forge seeks a Social Media and Community Manager who is a strong collaborator with exceptional communication skills and a passion for delivering engaging, on-brand assets and social content. The position requires a creative thinker, successful copywriter, and social media expert interested in current and developing trends in social media, digital marketing, publishing, pop culture, and entertainment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and build social communities (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, Vine, blogs, etc.) for Lion Forge and all related imprints, as well as related business efforts;
- Create and maintain a presence on Good Reads and other social community pop culture, publishing, entertainment, and graphic novel platforms;
- Develop, curate, and execute on-brand, engaging, integrated, and creative content across all social platforms, with a focus on building engagement that includes:
- executing a comprehensive social media editorial calendar encompassing organic, scheduled, and curated content;
- writing and managing daily posts across platforms and acting as community manager;
- developing and engaging influencer relationships;
- covering trade shows and live events involving Lion Forge, including travel and related trade show support
- Collaborate with other Lion Forge employees to coordinate social media efforts with marketing and editorial goals while keeping business goals at the forefront of strategy;
- Track and report relevant social metrics, including reach, clicks, engagement, revenue and content performance;
- Audit competitive and industry data, and monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy;
- Analyze, review, and report on social media performance;
- Advise the marketing team on title-specific social media campaigns and make recommendations on how to improve engagement and increase visibility with approaches integrated into the overall marketing strategy for title;
- Maintain an understanding of competitive brands in the publishing industry, as well as the overall comics, graphic novel, pop culture, children and teen publishing, and entertainment markets;
- Identify the latest trends in social media and digital marketing;
- Develop and communicate social media best practices to the marketing team and relevant Lion Forge staff; and
- Establish and maintain outreach program with independent creators, talent, and other business relationships who have worked with Lion Forge, including delivering comp copies and gifts, to leverage those relationships and their social media networks.
- Develop, implement and manage a Talent appearance program
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience in roles exercising transferrable skills;
- Three years’ experience in social media planning and execution, preferred;
- Three years’ design and social back-end development experience preferred;
- Proven knowledge of all social media platforms;
- Proficient in social media and digital analytics;
- Willingness to learn new programs and be flexible within a growing company and changing marketplace;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear, creative, and engaging copy;
- Experience ideating compelling blog content, reaching out to and evaluating influencers;
- Strong visual intelligence to select and curate images and video;
- Strategy-oriented with the ability to think creatively;
- Extremely organized with the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities;
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively;
- Must have a strong sense of customer service and be able to engage fans in a professional, friendly manner;
- Strong sense of brand management;
- Willingness to travel as needed (trade shows, conventions, etc.);
- A desire to work with creative efforts and a love for comics, graphic novels, children’s and young adult literature, pop culture, and entertainment;
- Ability to interact with vendors, clients, fans, and talent in a professional manner, to handle difficult issues with tact and diplomacy, and to represent the Company in a positive manner.
Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, and HTML is a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position requiring availability during business hours and additional travel. Compensation will be determined by market and experience. Lion Forge policy provides benefits to full-time Lion Forge employees that include paid holidays, additional paid time off, and subsidized health insurance.
Lion Forge strives to publish comics for everyone to enjoy, regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, or cultural background. The original graphic novel Andre the Giant: Closer to Heaven was nominated for three Glyph Awards, as well as the Dwayne McDuffie Award for Diversity, and Lighter Than My Shadow was voted the 2017 Graphic Novel of the Year by Amazon. Lion Forge Comics includes the Roar imprint for young adults and the CubHouse imprint for readers twelve and under. It is also home to the Magnetic Collection of premium and critically acclaimed comics and graphic novels, boasting multiple Eisner Award nominees. Across multiple imprints and formats that include licensed properties like DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender, original works from top independent creators, and the original and all-inclusive Catalyst Prime superhero universe, Lion Forge publishes something for every level of comic book fan, young and old.